Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dreamer

Amelia has been dreaming and they're not all good. The other morning she woke up saying she dreamed she had been at Grandma's, running around in her house and playing in the sand box in her backyard. But last night she woke up at 4:20 am crying because she was dreaming of Tigger losing his stripes. (This is an episode in a video called Tiggerific Tales which she hasn't seen in a few months.) I told her she could watch the video in the morning and I took her potty so she could maybe re-set herself, but she was still upset. I put on her lullabies and rubbed her back, but she was still upset. I know sometimes it's hard to shake a bad dream so I laid down next to her thinking we'd fall asleep together. She would ask me a question or reach out to touch me every few minutes and after about an hour she started wiggling a lot so I got up, gave her the Dora flashlight and a book and went back to my bed. We both woke up at 9 am this morning - a record!

Tonight she wanted to watch the Tigger episode and then proceeded to get all teary right before bed. She was upset because she couldn't remember all the words to the song Tigger sings about not knowing who he really is. She says she feels exactly the same way. !! What is she, 4 going on 14? She said she couldn't think of any happy things to think about and I told her to think about her 1/2 birthday tomorrow (we're getting her a cake because she didn't get to pick out her 4th birthday cake), going to Grandma's, and Tad - which I set to sing to her.

It took her about an hour to fall asleep. I think a large part of it is the time change. It's just an hour but it's amazing how it wreaks havoc on her. Going to bed when the clock says 8:30 pm or 9 pm when your body says it's 7:30 pm or 8, and then being woken up in the morning when you're used to waking up by yourself ... it is taxing on a little girl.

In other news, I bought Amelia some Snyder's all natural rice & corn puffs. I thought they were pretty tasty, but Amelia turned them down. I am not the only one who likes them, however. Tallulah, the cat, LOVES them. She was sitting on my lap and stuck her nose in my bowl and proceeded to eat three pieces before I could react! Hmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home