Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Taxes ... Texas

I picked Amelia up from Nana's this afternoon and told her we needed to go pick up our taxes since they called me this morning to say they were ready. (Yay!) When we got home Amelia asked me where we went and I told her we went to get our taxes.

Amelia: "Taxes? What is taxes? Isn't there a United State Taxes?"

Me: "You mean Texas. Yes, there is a state called Texas."

Amelia: "When I was a baby I flew on a plane to Texas."

Me: "Yes, you did. We went to see Uncle Stephen, Aunt Jennifer and your cousin Austin there." (I think she remembers me telling her that when we were doing a States puzzle a month or so ago.)

Amelia: "We drove to Tennessee and then flew to Texas. Both those United States start with T!"

I adore how she says United State instead of just state. I did correct her, but I suspect it will be like some of her other things (like bessert) which stick around for a while no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home