Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, February 22, 2010

New Tires

I am tired of the snow. This cartoon was in the paper last week and I cut it out and put it on the fridge. We've been going to work and the grocery store and that's about it. For a month.

I borrowed my mother-in-law's 4WD last week and still slid on the ice (3 times), then gave up and walked the 2 miles to work where I looked up "how to drive in snow with a Saturn Ion. (answer: good tires and kitty litter in the trunk)

So today, while the weather was finally nice, I bought new tires at a new place. My two front tires were completely worn out, and I knew it. The tire place came recommended and it was one of those where you drive up, they jack your car up on the spot and put on your tires. Amelia was scared - probably having flashbacks to the body shop - and wanted nothing to do with getting out of the car so I cracked her window and walked over to check on her every few minutes. (She was never out of my sight.) Every time I would approach, she would turn her body away from me and say, "Go away, Mommy!" She was afraid I was going to make her get out.

When it was time to go, I noticed her squirming and asked if she needed to go to the litter box. I could see "Dilemma!" written all over her face so I offered to take her to Wal-mart and she was SO relieved! I did tell her that the office of the tire place was really nice and they even had a real bobcat that had been stuffed that she could pet. She was tempted but when I parked the car she panicked and asked for Wal-mart. So off to Wal-mart we went which was fine because it allowed me to stock up on the kitty litter which will reside in my trunk for the rest of winter. (Part 2 of my driving-in-snow plan.)

More snow is in Wednesday's forecast. We'll see how we do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home