Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


She wouldn't pose or smile for me, but she was too pretty today not to take her picture.

For the third Sunday in a row we had no Sunday School because of the weather so we had to make a mad dash around the sanctuary handing out Valentines.

During the children's moment April asked who knew what day it was. No one answered at first and then Amelia shouted out "Valentine's Day!!" April then talked about different ways you can show love. She gave the example of feeding people and then asked the children to say how they could show love. When it was Amelia's turn she wadded the netting of her dress up in her hands and acted all shy. I was sitting in the row right behind her because I don't like to let her go up by herself in the event she decides to take off for the choir loft (again). I figured she wouldn't answer but April asked her again, trying to encourage her to say something. Amelia then says, "Listening to my mommy and doing what she says." WOW! I was pretty impressed. Now, if we can get some action on that item ...

[picture dated 2/14/10]

2 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

She does look very, very pretty in that lovely Valentine's Day dress.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Nonnie said...

She is a beauty! I cannot believe all her hair!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home