Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Amelia woke up and wasn't nearly as excited by the arrival of presents as we had expected. However, for the first time she was really interested in opening presents. She still wanted to enjoy each present (read each book, etc.) as she opened it, but she managed to open most of her presents by lunchtime, which is a first.







I put out my doll highchair from when I was a child. It needs a little repair and a new paint job, but I figure she could pick out the color. She saw it and said, "What's that?" in an very off-handed kind of way. I explained it to her and she went to her room and got a stuffed kitty, some pretend food and proceeded to feed her kitty a delicious meal.

This video came out so dark but I am posting it anyway. Getting cat stuff was the highlight of her Christmas. When she opened her Cat Power book w/ CD she squealed, "Santa knows I like cats!!" She was SO excited. She also really liked her Corduroy sticker book. There's still a handful of presents (about 6) for her to open as she gets to them in the next few days and that's okay.

We went to Nana's in the afternoon and my camera quit working right after I took this picture. It's like the camera doesn't recognize there is a memory card in the camera. I was really annoyed. I could review pictures and see that my battery was fine and my memory card had room but it would not function on the picture or video mode. It kept whirring like it was not reading the disk - kind of like what computers sounded like in the 'old days' when it couldn't read the floppy disk in the disk drive.

After we came home from Nana's our friends Tia Polly and Cristian came over to exchange gifts. While they were here we played a game of Amelia's new Feed the Flock game that Grandma sent. It's like Chutes & ladder but it features sheep and the board is vinyl and quite large so you have to play it on the floor. We had a lot of fun - you would think we were all 4 years old!

After they left we went across the street to have Christmas with the neighbors which was also fun, and then it was time to come home and put the wee one to bed. It was past her bedtime and she was definitely ready!

[pictures and video dated 12/25/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home