Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Jesus Action Scene

Meme (a church friend) watches Amelia on Wednesday afternoons while I work. She gave Amelia an old ceramic nativity scene that consists of a small Mary, Joseph, Jesus, a shepherd, one wise man (the other two didn't ask for directions I guess) and a lamb. I came home from work to find her playing with it on the hearth and didn't want to ruin the moment with a too harsh "Be careful!" but I did tell her they were breakable and that she would need to play with them gently. The pieces would sometimes fall and make that chinking noise but I decided since it was old and incomplete that it was probably okay to let her play with it and run the risk of it getting chipped or broken.

Fast forward a few days and I am playing a game of Candyland with Amelia on the floor near the hearth. It's morning and I put my tea mug on the hearth and it makes that ceramic against granite sound. Amelia's head whips around she says, "That sounds just like my Baby Jesus Action Scene!" And here I was starting to worry she was only absorbing the Santa part of Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home