Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Posing

I found this beautiful velvet jacket and long skirt set in the hand-me-down bag about a month ago and set it aside for Christmas time. She looked so nice this morning I thought I'd try to get her picture in front of the tree and maybe use it in Christmas cards, even though she was holding the book and toys she wanted to take with her to church. This was the best I could do. Some children will pose and smile so nicely on command. Not my precious Amelia, though. I have to have the camera ready and hope to take one when the opportunity presents itself. Like how about this fabulous smile? But she's nowhere near the center of the picture. *sigh*

But really, I'd much rather have the happy, healthy, energetic girl that I do have even if it means that picture taking can be a challenge. In the big picture, it's a small thing. [no pun intended]

[pictures dated 12/6 and 11/22/09]

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I love these pictures of Amelia! The second one shows her gorgeous smile so beautifully. And isn't there something in photography about how the subject should be off-center? (You can tell I'm a real expert, eh?)

Hester is one of those kids who poses for photographs (usually, anyway). While I appreciate it now, I'm sure I won't love it when she's 14 and sassy.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home