Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Amelia Bedelia

Amelia has been interested in her Amelia Bedelia stories lately so we've been reading them a lot. The other night her daddy said to me if he knew Amelia Bedelia was so flaky he would not have agreed to using the name Amelia. I told him Amelia Bedelia wasn't flaky, she was literal, and there is a difference, which is what makes her funny. He doesn't agree.

I came home from work one evening last week and Daddy was on the couch with Amelia, reading Amelia Bedelia while the TV is on ... airing a documentary on a supposed conspiracy about Amelia Earhart's disappearance. That's a lot of Amelia in one living room!

The irony lies in the fact that I drew inspiration from both Amelia Bedelia and Amelia Earhart when naming our own little Amelia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home