Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Bowling


We went to Florida for cousin Jack's 6th birthday party. Amelia went bowling for the first time and LOVED it. She wants to go when we go home, too! Here she is supporting her little cousin, Austin. She is styling in those bowling shoes, no? (And it is SO much fun dressing her in sun dresses in November.)

She tried to taste test the icing on Jack's cake when everyone was called to the table. She was told no and then fell to the floor face first! I picked her up to see what happened and she was crying. In between big tears the words, "I want a birthday!" came out. Uh-huh, she was throwing a fit - she hadn't fallen. This is new. Hmmmm (And I reminded her she had just had a birthday. She seemed to be okay for the rest of the party.)

We did have a few more tears later, though. My brother and mother got into a playful fight and my brother picked Amelia up for protection. Amelia doesn't remember Uncle Stephen and when he picked her up she got upset and started to genuinely cry. I took her away immediately and she hiccuped, "I didn't want that boy to pick me up!" It was cute and sad at the same time - cute that she called her grown uncle "that boy", sad that she was so upset about it. She quickly recovered, though.
[picture dated 11/8/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home