Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, October 23, 2009

No More Nail Biting

Months ago when I realized Amelia's nail biting was chronic we went to the grocery store and you she picked out a "Dora surprise" which was an art set of paints, markers, crayons, stickers and 2 pads of paper. I told her when I could cut all 10 fingernails, we would go back and get it. But week after week, I could only cut between 4 and 8 fingernails even though we talked A LOT about her "Dora surprise".

Last week while we were at the grocer store, we checked and there were only 2 left. A few days later she said, "When Friday comes you can cut all 10 fingernails and then we'll get my Dora surprise." Sure enough, that happened this morning and we have a very proud little girl. I had her tell the cashier why we were getting it and we also called Daddy. I am hoping all the extra attention will keep her from biting her fingernails ... we'll see.

[picture dated 10/23/09]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home