Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Not the Face of H1N1


So the twins in Amelia's class have H1N1. The scary thing is they followed the exact same pattern Amelia did - flu shot last Friday, high fever Tuesday afternoon (and they were sharing a Pin the Tail on the Donkey mask with Amelia at Saturday's birthday party). So I took her to a new doctor (since hers has a 2-3 hour wait all the freaking time). The doctor was young and said it was impossible for Amelia's sickness to be from her flu shot, that the rash was viral and the timing of her sickness just a coincidence. Sure, uh-huh. Amelia is feeling much better today and the doctor said she was too lively to have the flu and that the CDC is not recommending patients get tested because of the 30% margin of error on the test. We agreed to try to test her and if Amelia didn't cooperate with the q-tip up her nose, then we would stop. But she did tolerate it, (but with a really sad, "Mommy, it hurted!") and she doesn't have H1N1.

Since she is bouncing back I was hoping she might have it so she would be immune from it the remainder of the season. And I feel like testing her was the responsible thing to do since she has been sick and around other children.

She's spent so much time sleeping this week there haven't been many opportunities for pictures. Here she is snuggling Stripes last night as she slept.

[picture dated 9/30/09]

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Poor baby! I'm so sorry she's been sick. I hope she'll be back to her usual self soon.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

I'm glad it wasn't the flu. I have my fingers crossed that the vaccine will make it to us before the flu does.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home