Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Playing Possum

Amelia needed "Hee-eelp!" today and when I asked her for what, she said she needed the baby possum which was too high for her to reach. I gave it to her and she promptly nestled it beside its parents for a nap in her rocking chair.
Earlier today Daddy took Amelia to the football field to watch the marching band practice and she wound up running from one end zone to the other shouting out the numbers as she ran around them. (I wasn't there for that .. but where does she get the energy?!)

In the afternoon while Daddy went to the football game we went to the park and she played with Malachi, a boy she doesn't know but they are the same age - his mom and I are acquaintances. They did that thing where they are interested in playing with each other but act like the other one isn't there. Finally, they connected when Amelia wanted him to follow her ... no, she's not bossy at all. Meanwhile I talked to his mom and it's fun to compare notes and find out things like a man without a shirt makes both of our children proclaim the entire person as "Naked!" (This is SO embarrassing to me ... Amelia on more than one occasion has asked in full earshot of a man, "Why does he have no clothes on, Mommy?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home