Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Good Job!

I just realized I never posted about this ...

Earlier this summer we were at our favorite somewhat local amusement park which has a Western railroad theme to it (even though we're on the East coast) complete with cowboys and Indians. There's a few hokey shows in a couple of venues and one of them features can-can girls whose names match the colors of the elaborate dresses they wear (Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby). They come down off the stage towards the end of the 10 minute show and the kids can follow in a train as they wind through the audience, then the girls go back up on the stage. Amelia wanted to follow so I went up and held her back while the girls finished the song. Then they sat on the steps at the end of the song and Amelia ran up to them and told EACH of them, "Good job!" Her earnestness was so cute, like it was really important to Amelia to praise each of them so they knew they had done well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home