Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cable Guy

The local cable/internet guy came by today to figure out why our internet service has been intermittent lately. I invited him in and before I could tell him what was going on Amelia says, "Where do you work?" He looks down at her and says, "I work for Charter Communications. Where do you work?" She looked at him and said, "I don't work anywhere. Childs don't work, they play!"

She did a good job of playing on her own until he came to tell me what he found. At that point, she comes out of nowhere and starts jabbering at me LOUDLY. This is only a little less annoying than her latest habit of repeating herself. She doesn't seem to yet understand, "Amelia, I heard you the first time."

Tonight after supper she was playing with her lion puppet. She asked me what lions ate and so I said, "Deer." "Deer?" she asked and so I affirmed with, "Yes, like Bambi." She responded, "I'll go get Bambi." So the lion ate Bambi and she was fine with it. Apparently she has no problems with the food chain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

My daughter doesn't have problems with the food chain either. We have been reading the Little House series, and they were describing in intimate detail how the animals were used after slaughter. I must have been making faces, because my daughter put her hand on my shoulder and said, "mommy, don't be upset - that's their food! It's how they eat!" Alrighty then.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home