Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Chores

Amelia loves to help out and I am discovering how much fun it is to let her. Her latest "chore" is helping me make the bed daddy and I sleep in. Teaching her the corners and how you pull the sheet, then blanket, then bedspread over each other has been fun. It's not as smooth as I would like, but it's still made (read here: sleeping surface is safe from direct hit by various cat things such as hair, vomit, etc.). We've been doing the bed together for about a week now and it's so cute to hear her talk through the process and say, "Cover all of the dark sheet, cover all of the white sheet, cover all of the blanket, now pull the stripes all the way over the blanket."

She brings the same enthusiasm to taking the recyclable (such as an empty soda bottle) downstairs or helping me set the table.

Her attention span wanes a bit on putting the silverware away and also putting the laundry in the dryer. She isn't super interested in putting her toys away, so there are still things to work on of course. I'd be a little concerned if she was too good at being mommy's helper all the time, but hopefully she will always be interested in helping and not perceive everything as a chore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home