Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Things She Says

On the vacation post I forgot something important that we want to remember. The morning we checked out of the Colorado Springs hotel Amelia woke up, as usual, in the pre-dawn pre-5 a.m. hour. I followed her to the bathroom and she saw the hotel bill on the floor that had been slipped under our door. She says, "Somebody sent us a message!"

Amelia is more interested in drawing lately. She often draws random circles and squiggles and such and claims they are horses, dogs, etc. Now she draws these odd shaped things and says, "Look, Mommy, I drew you a heart because I love ya!" I tried to get that on a video clip, but she said I love you instead.

A couple of weeks ago she had seen an episode of Max & Ruby at Nana's. She came home and wanted to make keep out signs for our doors. She sat at her Pooh table in the kitchen and proceeded to ask me how to spell keep, then out, etc. (Each sign says, "Keep Out! No, this means you.") Then she had to tape it to her door. Then she made one for ours, and then one for the bathroom. When Daddy came home she showed him the signs and made him read them. She still talks about them. (Did I mention that I think Max & Ruby are annoying and she doesn't watch that show at home?)

Lately she likes to run through a set of numbers and purposely skips one. Then she quizzes me on which one she skipped. I have to really pay attention now.

Speaking of skipping numbers, we've had a lot of fun this summer making hopscotches. Somewhere along the line I got the bright idea to reinforce shapes and so now we have hopscotches that start out with a square, but then there is a heart, a star, a diamond (which she draws a tai on and turns into a kite), etc.

Today we were in Target and on the way toward the checkout when I noticed that some of the Oxi-Clean tubs were on clearance. I slowed down to determine if they were really a bargain and Amelia pipes up, "We need Oxi Clean!" How does she know what it is? I asked her that and she grabs one and said, "It says it right on the front Mommy!" Um, I think the well placed ads on Nickelodeon have more to do with it.

We rarely go to Target because it's so out of the way for us. While we were there we bought more sidewalk chalk and when we came home she drew the word Target (after asking me what the letters were) on the driveway. She also included the bulls-eye before the T. The things that capture her imagination are amazing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home