Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Zoo

We met some friends at the zoo yesterday and then it rained on us. Since it was a warm rain I let Amelia get wet, but when the rain didn't stop it was time to use the umbrella and get her dry clothes and head out. She was wearing a blue KY shirt and her concern was "do you have another blue shirt?" The girl loves her blue. Fortunately, the one in her backpack was indeed blue so I assured her with, "Yes! We have your light blue butterfly shirt." She smiled and bought into the idea of changing into dry clothes.

Since there were six adults and her at dinner, she got to sit between Mommy & Daddy at dinner and was the most content she's been at a restaurant in a long time. (I think playing in the rain and walking around the zoo also wiped her out a little.) She happily colored and ate her dinner. I didn't let her walk since her shoes had gotten absolutely soaked - what kid can resist puddles? - but I did put on the clean socks to prevent her getting a chill inside the restaurant. She was fine with it, although it made going potty interesting!

She fell asleep on the way home and barely stirred when I put her in the car to go to Nana's this morning. She was still wearing her butterfly shirt, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home