Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh.

Amelia is doing all better, from what we can tell. She has also gotten to the point where she wants to be completely independent in the bathroom and that seems to have put a stop to her little accidents, too. We were still having some periodic teeny tiny drip accidents - only at home where she knew there are lots of clean, dry panties - when she was too busy to stop playing. My latest tact after having visited my friend whose daughter and Amelia have really hit it off (and they're 7 years apart) was to emphasize, "Wow! Amelia! Your panties are nice and dry just like Hannah's!" So that might have done the trick, too. Amelia truly loves Hannah and talks about how when she is 4, Hannah will be 11; when she is 10, Hannah will be 17. Whoa, Amelia ... we can wait for that!

Amelia's has a habit of doing this squeal scream indoors - you know that high pitched ear piercing sound that some children are especially good at? We try real hard to always tell her she can't do that indoors, whether we're in a house, a car, a store, etc. We try to make sure she gets the opportunity to squeal outside at the park or our driveway so she knows she does have an outlet for her exuberant expressions. When we do tell her to stop, she usually returns our reprimand with a blank stare. Now we get a real short, "Oh." It's kind of funny. She'll respond the same way to other reprimands. "Amelia you're too close to the TV." A step back and an abrupt, "Oh." She sounds kind of surprised, like we've woken her from some daydream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary C said...

That is a funny store, and very sweet, too!

Did my "ameliarate my loneliness" comment come through? I don't think I'd logged in when I made it. I do understand the Comment moderation feature, though.... finally.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home