Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thinker

Amelia has an imaginary cat. His name is Thinker. He is blue with stripes. Sometimes the stripes are red, sometimes blue. His nose also has a color - sometimes it's black. It seems like some part of him is yellow - maybe his ears? his tail? She is SO cute when she talks about him.

She will hand him to me, sometimes when we're driving. "Here Mom, hold Thinker!" So I put my hand back in her direction. She puts her closed fit on my open palm as we make the transfer. She always looks delighted with herself.

Sometimes she will go back to her room or somewhere else to pick him up before we leave. I'll be a little exasperated because I'm trying to get us to wherever we're going, but I try to remember she is just three. I say, "Amelia? We need to go." And I hear, "Just a minute, Mom, I am getting Thinker!" The easy thing is, since Thinker isn't real, I don't have to help find him before we can go.

When she picks him up - especially if we're outside somewhere when she decides she needs to go get him, it's like when she was younger and would pick up imaginary stones. I guess since I am always grabbing things as we depart, this may be her way of mimicking me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

How cute! She's so creative. :-) Olivia had an imaginary friend, but he doesn't seem to be around much these days, which is making me sad. I hope Amelia is continuing to feel better. Keep us updated!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

I just love that part of childhood. My daughter tells me about the houses that she owns in Florida and California and the fleet of planes, rockets, and helicopters that she maintains to enable her to go back and forth, which especially important for the house in California (because that is where all her animals live). Unfortunately, the older she gets, the less we hear about it.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home