Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Imagination

Amelia's imagination is growing by leaps and bounds, or at least it's now starting to show itself to those around her.

Some examples:

When reading a book she almost always must have a small character (like one of her Little People or one of her small Dora or Diego figures) which she calls a "kid" to interact with the story that she reads to herself. She also uses figures on her house puzzle, as if it were a 3-dimensional doll house.

This past Saturday in Target she picked up a small wire-bound notebook and proclaimed it her journal (thanks to Sid the Science Kid). She proceeded to tell me about all the things that were actually on blank pages. "Do you see that butterfly there Mommy? It's orange!" At $1.42 I couldn't pass it up since she was turning each page and it was completely holding her attention even as we were checking out. (She was mildly annoyed she had to stop long enough for the cashier to scan it.) I assumed that once we got home she would lose interest and I would use it for grocery lists or whatever. Nope. It is still her journal and she draws in it, writes in it and still reads blank pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home