Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cuidado

We spend a lot of time encouraging Amelia to sit in her chair while we eat supper. The other night as she was sliding out, I again said, "Amelia please sit in your chair." She must have gotten a little off balance because she yelled out, "Cuidado!" then followed it up with "Watch out!" She's definitely getting something from Dora/Diego/Handy Manny, even though she doesn't watch them every day.

I knew what cuidado meant, but had to think about it for a second, even with the follow-up translation Amelia so nicely provided. The first thing I thought of were those yellow signs you see on floors that have been mopped. Pretty soon, Amelia will be teaching me Spanish because she will beyond the little that I know (like numbers, colors, etc. that she knows now).

There is great value in being bilingual and it's great that she seems to pick it up without much effort. If only it were that easy for me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home