Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sadness

If you are a praying person, please do so for Rhonda, Eliza & Eleanor. Eliza was not in pre-school Tuesday and we didn't know why at the time. Her daddy died that day when the cement truck he was driving at just 25 mph overturned as he came around a bend in the road. The paper said the truck crushed him.

It was my day to volunteer and it was unlike Eliza to not be there. One time the teacher canceled pre-school because Eliza and Amelia would have been the only two children there. Lauren really noticed - she said, "No best buddy today." Eliza was in kindermusik with Amelia since Amelia started going and they've been in pre-school together this entire year. I see her little sister Eleanor all the time when I drop Amelia off and pick her up and these two little girls are so amazing. Eliza has the best lion roar. I just can't imagine these little girls growing up without their daddy. My heart is breaking for them.

I saw their grandmother at the park this afternoon and spoke to her. Eliza doesn't know yet. They've decided not to tell her. She just thinks her daddy hasn't come home yet. She turned four in early December.

I was wondering whether to tell Amelia, and now I know to wait. I had no idea this would happen so soon or to someone so close. Life is cruel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

So very, very sad. Sometimes, life makes no sense at all. I know my daughter would be devastated if something happened to my husband. Of course they have my prayers, of course.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will keep his family in my thoughts.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home