Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Nostalgia


We were at a discount store the other day and I saw a pack of 2 baby bottles for dolls, the kind where the milk or orange juice disappear as you tip the bottle to feed the baby doll. I showed them to Amelia who was smitten with them and I decided the $2 was worth bringing them home to see if she would actually use them. Amelia hasn't done much with her dolls and after showing her how to use them with her baby doll, I thought maybe she would start playing with her dolls more. Nope. She has assigned the milk bottle to Tad and the orange juice bottle to her bunny. It seems to be done by size - Tad is bigger than the bunny. It's really cute to watch her feed them, though. She doesn't always use the best technique, so I am still helping her a little.

These bottles are just like the ones I grew up using with my dolls. However, Amelia seems to be leaning towards playing "dolls" with her stuffed animals - just like her Aunt Amy did!

[picture dated 2/9/09]

1 Comments:

Blogger -LGirl- said...

I had those bottles as a kid too LOVED them! I haven't seen them lately though.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home