Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, January 23, 2009

The novelty of riding in the shopping cart

.. is over. *sigh*

She was so good for so long to ride in the cart. Today, however, it was "I need to walk." She did okay at the rabbit food store. At the grocery store, I insisted on the cart telling her that the store was too big for me to keep an eye on her and pay attention to what we needed to buy. She spent the first ten minutes in the store repeatedly asking, "Is the store too big?" At the drugstore, she stayed nearby but was eager to explore stuff at the other end of the aisle which made me a little nervous. In the toy aisle (I was looking for ink to re-ink her stamping pads), she kept picking up a boxed puzzle that attracted her attention. It was 100 pieces and some kind of Power Ranger type thing (I didn't recognize the picture to be honest). I kept putting it back, she kept picking it up. I gave her something else to hold and when we were halfway to the cashier, I noticed she had nonchalantly picked the puzzle up again. I thought it was pretty funny, but I still had her put it back. She's nothing if not persistent.

This will be a work in progress. I understand it's a necessary step towards her independence and understanding of boundaries and behavior. It's yet another source of gray hair and brain cell depletion, too. I came in here for what again? Hmmm I am standing in the toothpaste aisle, so I guess we need toothpaste. (I may have to start wearing a nametag so I don't forget my name.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home