Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Her First Play


She was an angel in last night's Christmas play at church. I was going to wait a year, but the part was so small that it was okay to just show up at the very last rehearsal (and the only one we could make anyway). It was a quick part - walking out with four other angels while the older ones said, "Glory to God in the Highest," etc. Amelia was to hold another girl's hand.

I spent more time getting her ready (and redoing her halo) than she spent in the play. I watched from a back corner as she walked in holding Mary Jo's hand. I thought, oh, no one is going to see her because they're all bunched up and they won't be there long. I had hardly completed the thought when I saw her little boots walking around the back of the angel group and onto the stage. (Just as I had anticipated her doing which is why I was hesitant to let her participate.) I heard little chuckles from the audience as the oldest angel got her to return to the group and exit the stage.

(Later Daddy said that apparently the teenagers she was heading for needed an angel. I thought that was a clever way of looking at it!)

When I was getting her ready someone commented that she was the hippie angel with her boots. I love how she's singing to herself in this picture.


[pictures dated 12/14/08]

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

What a sweet little angel! (And I can't wait to see the boots.) We have to wait until Friday night to see our little angel in action.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home