Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Spelling Isn't Going to Work

Earlier today I told her daddy that we should pick up some P-O-O-H stickers while we were doing our errands. She came running up and said, "You're going to get me some more Pooh stickers, Mommy?"

She is really interested in writing and drawing lately. She can write Amelia, Mommy, Daddy and Nana. Her D's need a little me work because she starts from the bottom and makes them in one stroke, so they come out looking like ovals. When writing her name she loves using a lower case "e" and once I showed her how to dot an "i" there was no going back to capitals on that letter, either. She is creative and will do each letter of her name in a different color sometimes - whether she is using crayons or outside drawing with chalk on the driveway.

The little faces she draws are adorable. (Don't all of us moms say that, though?) Her mouths are straight lines, there are eyebrows, sometimes ears, and they all have individual little hairs that stick up crew-cut style, and they all must have feet. No bodies, though.

I have saved several pages where she has written names and drawn faces. So precious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home