Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stop, Drop & Roll

This week Amelia learned about stop, drop and roll at preschool. It began on Tuesday with a Clifford and Emily Elizabeth activity book and culminated Thursday with a visit from the firetruck and Spot. Spot was a man dressed as a dog and Amelia didn't see him at first because she was in the bathroom. When she 'spotted' him, it was all over. Hugs all around!! (I was told about this and after witnessing her with person-dressed-as-Clifford at the fair, I only have sympathy for the poor guy and his knees.)

Stop, drop and roll comes with movements which Amelia is delighted to practice at any given moment - except when I took out the video camera. As Joe Biden's mother would say, "God love her."

Amelia is also obsessed with spelling her name and she has it down pat. I haven't tried the camera on that one yet. I have to be sneaky about it and just haven't had the energy. The only problem with spelling her name is when she decides to make a game of it. When I hear, "What comes after A, Mommy?" I am unsure if she is doing the alphabet or spelling her name, so I pick a really random letter like "R" and she of course corrects me immediately. "No, it's M!" (or B) whichever the case may be.

I am in the process of discovering that it's a little easier to let her do things with me than try to find something for her to be amused with while I take care of something - whether it's making a meal or doing laundry. Yesterday she helped put mushrooms and cheese on a frozen pizza. She was very proud of herself and had a good time. She did not realize that when we ate lunch, she actually had leftover ham, green beans and pasta (because I thought it was healthier for her) while Daddy and I ate the pizza. That probably won't last much longer.



Speaking of Daddy, she also likes to help him vacuum. Here she is doing just that - what you can't see is that she uses the upper handle the cord wraps around, thinking it's her very own for helping push the vacuum.


[pictures dated 10/18/08]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home