Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Hotel Fun

So last weekend we went to visit friends. On the way, we stayed in a hotel to (a) break the trip up and (b) get a head start Thursday evening. We took the changing table back and while I was dismantling it to get it to fit inside the Jeep, Amtrak called to let Daddy know they canceled his train due to Tropical Storm Hanna. (Apparently CSX shut down the east coast rail line, so it wasn't Amtrak's fault.) So while Daddy made other arrangements, I pushed Amelia in her swing in the backyard, and then we were off.

Amelia is officially too big for her Pack-n-Play, and the motel did not offer cots or roll-away beds. (I was intending the put the mattress on the floor.) The desk clerk did not have access to the laundry room so I couldn't get an extra blanket to put under her sleeping bag. So we improvised and took off the comforter, folded it up, put the Dora sleeping bag on top and Amelia was thrilled! (Can't you tell?)

She had been so, so, so excited about going to a hotel. She slept most of the way there and woke up as we pulled in. She looked around and said, "It's just a hotel. There's no ocean." A-ha! So that's why she was excited - she thought we were going to the beach. (We went to the beach in April, but then we went to KY in June and there's certainly no ocean there.)

She slept really well, but woke up at 5 am. I was sleeping on my side and heard right behind me, "Mommy!" Then she read off the numbers of the digital clock: 506. My house number growing up. Oh, joy, I thought. What am I going to do with this early bird?

[picture dated 9/4/08]

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

please send her up here to keep me company at work. Ella needs a friend. :)

2:09 AM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Ah, but then you really would get no work done. End Ella would kill you for bringing in a tail-puller. Plus, you'd have yet another mouth to share your muffin with.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home