Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Today is Daddy's 46th birthday and we made him a "special cake"! That's what Amelia kept saying anyway. I told Elke this morning that it was his birthday and Amelia told her that we made him a special cake. She helped pour the water in as I mixed. She hasn't graduated to eggs yet! She normally sifts but Daddy wanted a cake mix cake (yellow with chocolate icing), so that's what he got.

I left work a little early and we went to dinner at a place Daddy likes and where Amelia ADORES the spaghetti. She was so excited. She ate her salad and then asked, "Where's my psketti?" Then as I was giving her seconds she informed me she had to go potty, so I had to quickly de-psketti her, but she held it. Yay! I'm so proud of her. After that she was all about the coloring book and crayons, so that was cool (since it means Mommy can eat without scooping up stray psketti).

She fell asleep on the way home (she had a different sitter today than normal since Meme had another commitment and she didn't take a nap). When we got home, she woke up but whined to take a nap so I changed her into her nightgown and put her to bed. I was kind of sad that she would miss the presents and cake, but I heard her talking to her cow and brought her back out to help Daddy with his presents. Then she said, "Time for a nap!" and put herself back to bed.

I put all the candles in his cake (he likes that ... there's no abbreviating with those number candles, but next year we may need a sheet cake). We both lit them and I sang Happy Birthday and then heard her in her room, so I re-lit them and he went and got her and they blew them out together. Then she put herself back to bed again! By 8:10 p.m. she was fast asleep, but at least she didn't miss anything.


[pictures dated 9/10/08]

2 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

Wow, that last picture taken far away from the cake makes it look like a small fire on the table. Yikes! Happy birthday to your DH.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

MM - That's what I love about that picture!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home