Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Pre-School Open House

We went to Amelia's pre-school open house yesterday. We passed the classroom before we got to where the teachers were set-up and so we looked around first. Amelia went straight to the Little People toys and had to be dragged out. Then she found the playground out back. She's sold. This morning when the school bus went by our house Amelia said, "Go to school and play with teacher!"

She's said some other cute things recently.

Yesterday when I picked Amelia up at Nana's Bethany was there without Hailey. Nana told Amelia to ask Bethany where Hailey was and Bethany said, "She's at daycare." Without missing a beat and in a very sympathetic voice Amelia replied, "I'm sorry."

When I was dealing with my three-week spell of poison ivy I had three really ugly blisters inside my upper arm. Whenever Amelia saw them she'd say in a very southern way, "Momma's got bug bah-eh-ts".

Last week she would randomly say her hair needed a trim. We took care of that this morning. (Her bangs, anyway.)

She is really into asking what things are. "What that?" or something similar was her first "sentence" way back when her vocabularly otherwise consisted of duck, dad and ball (all the essentials, no?) Now she is truly curious about knowing what things are that she notices but doesn't recognize. For the past week and again this morning it was the plasma ball displaying static electricity on her Baby Bach video. (She is still addicted to the Baby Einstein series - she even turned down Kai-Lan for it earlier this week.) The plasma ball was a real test for me - I was pretty sure it was static electricity but I wasn't completely sure so when she asked again this morning, I emailed a former co-worker, explaining that my not-quite-3 year-old is now becoming smarter than me. I thought I had a little time left on that one, like maybe until she was 8? Apparently not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Amelia just sounds like such a delight!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

Wow! Did you trim her bangs? WTG. I am too afraid to try.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Midlife Mommy - I did trim her bangs. With her wavy/curly hair there's some forgiveness in any uneven-ness, although you can cut them exactly straight and the wave takes over and makes them look a little chopped anyway!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Mary in St. Paul said...

I love that "I'm sorry" story. That's great!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home