Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Burgers in her nose

Sometimes when Amelia learns a new word, she has trouble correctly saying a previously well-enunciated word that is similar to the new word. For example, when she learned gas, she would pull up grass and call it gas. I would correct her - but she would just smile at me mischeviously, so I think she did it on purpose.

Tuesday she had some snot issues and at one point in the afternoon told me she had burgers in her nose. She used to call them boogers without a problem, so apparently burger is a new word and she thought she'd give it a whirl. Again, she had a mischevious grin, so I think she knew full well that she had boogers, not burgers, in there. It still made me laugh.

A few other verbal gems: Today I picked her up at Nana's and she was happily playing with her trains. She came into the kitchen, looked back at her trains and said, "I feel homesick." She reiterated it a few times tonight, too. I can't help but wonder if that came from a cartoon she watched at Nana's. I played along with it, using my sad voice and saying, "Ohh, you feel homesick? I'm sorry." She's practicing for camp in a few years I guess.

This week her big thing is "uhhh-uh." There are a few "uh-huh's" and similar, but instead of saying no, she now says "uhhh-uh," complete with vigorous shaking of the head.

In other news I have poison ivy and feel like a leper. It's really annoying. At first I thought it was a reaction to an over-ripe peach, but several people have told me it looks like poison ivy. I think I got it from one of our cats and I'm wary of passing it to Amelia, so I'm trying not to touch or hug her too much, which is really difficult. If all that is not annoying enough, constantly trying to not scratch has scattered what little concentration I have (after mommy brain set in almost 3 years ago) and that makes me even more crazy. Ugh. This too shall pass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Oh no--poor you! I hope that your doctor can give you some cream to help you stop itching. I also hope you'll feel better soon!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home