Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday PaPa

Today Papa would have been 67 years old. We spent Amelia's first Halloween with him, Grandma, Aunt Amy, Uncle John, and Cousins Ashley & Jack. After Daddy picked Amelia and me up at the airport, we stopped at a Burger King and I got Amelia her first BK Crown. It didn't quite fit her yet, but I told Papa that she at least had one - seeing as he had one that he liked to wear when Grandma wasn't home and he wanted the cats to be sure who was in charge. This was one of his longstanding jokes.


I never did have Amelia wear this crown until tonight. I am sorry I didn't, but there are always lots of small regrets after someone's death, aren't there? But tonight I put it on her head and she found it pretty fascinating for about two seconds and then it was back to the Noah's Ark that Aunt Amy just sent up to her.

The ark, in the few hours Amelia has been its new owner, has been called boat, ship and ark. Amelia doesn't have a single name for it, but she wants it with her at all times. I draw the line at nap time and bed time, but it's been there for meals, potty breaks, and everything in between. Some of the animals even rode in the car today.


[pictures dated 10/31/06 & 7/17/08]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home