Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Fascinated with Soap

Amelia has discovered bar soap and she adores it. One time last week I put her on the potty in the basement bathroom since we'd just gotten home and were coming through the basement. She found the heart shaped glycerin soap Grandma has used when she's been here, and life at the sink has not been the same since. She has the cleanest hands around, folks. I've also given her a small sample bar of Dove soap as a new bath toy. Oh, the expense of keeping her amused, I'm not sure we can keep up with the cost!

She had corn on the cob for the first time last night. We tried last summer but she was at a loss for what she was supposed to do with it, even though her friend Livia had no problem chowing down. Last night, she did just fine, taking bites as she narrated the process of eating the "polka dots" off the corn. (It wasn't uniform in color, there were some whiter kernels mixed in with the yellow.) She was sitting in a regular chair (we don't always do the high chair anymore, depending on her level of wiggly-ness) right across from her daddy and I was really tempted to take a picture of them eating their corn together with her being a mini-me mirror image of him. I opted for the memory instead, partly out of exhaustion (it had been a no-nap afternoon) and partly from cynicism (getting up to get the camera usually spoils the moment).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home