Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Oscar

Some of our neighbors use those municipality-issued garbage cans that are green and the lid is attached on the back. We passed a house the other day that had so much garbage, the lid was somewhat raised. As we walked by, Amelia said in a sad, sing-songy voice: "No Oscar," as in the Grouch. Her only real exposure to him is through the felt Elmo book she has, so I was pretty impressed that she made that connection.

Amelia has learned her entire name, but she sometimes does First Last Middle which is funny. We're working on her knowing where she lives but, no matter how many times we tell her the name of our town, whenever we ask her where she lives she says, "My home." Smarty-pants.

Completely random: we found re-runs of Mork & Mindy tonight. Loved that show when I was younger and I still find it hiliariously funny. Seriously, my sides hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home