Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Earlier Bird

Amelia woke up at 5:30 am saying, "Are you hungry?" I gave her a cookie and put her on the potty thinking maybe she had an upset stomach. After she peed and pulled up her panties she came out and said, "How about someting to eat?" So I gave her a granola bar, and with that, our day just kept going.

At some point in the past couple of weeks Amelia started saying the 'l' in her name. It's yet another signal to me of how much she is growing up. She used to say her name "Ah-mia" and skipped the 'l'. Not anymore.

When she isn't busy referring to herself as Amelia, she calls herself Missy now. This is my fault. She has long outgrown the nickname of 'baby girl', even though it slips out every once in a while and so I've been referring to her for a while as "my little girl", or just "my girl" and she will often use that in place of Amelia - like when she says, "Is my girl thirsty?" which is Amelia-speak for, "Mommy, I'm thirsty. Please give me some juice." Apparently I've been calling her Missy, or Miss Missy lately because now she is repeating that a lot in reference to herself. It's quite funny and cute all at the same time.

Like most moms I always am always leaving the house without at least one important item like a full sippy cup. It happens so often that now whenever we leave for a walk or head towards the car and I do the inevitable U-turn back into the house I hear her say, "I forgot something." She is quite the narrator.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I love when kids repeat the little nicknames you give them! I had a little girl who went through a phase of calling everyone "Honey" and "Sweetheart," which her parents and I called her all the time. I have another little boy whose first language isn't English; he just went through a spell of calling everyone "Sweet Honey," his own combo of those 2 endearments. I loved it!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home