Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Princess Amelia

September 24th was my due date with Amelia. When you spend so many months anticipating a certain date, it's hard to forget. It took me a while not to say 9/24 anytime someone asked her birthday.

One of her favorite birthday presents turned out to be a tiara and jewelry set. She adores it. The first night I made her put it in a little bowl that we put on the hearth and it was the first thing she wanted to do the next morning. She needs help with the earrings and is so cute about it.

Here she is all bundled up in her stroller for an evening walk. We had gone to get her pictures done earlier in the day and they were behind which made us 15 minutes late to pre-school and then with the gas shortage we didn't follow through on our evening plans.

It was a very tiring day with the rushing around and then I volunteered at pre-school and supplied the snack - mini goldfish in little Dora cupcake holders, Hello Kitty napkins and organic fruit roll-ups. Turns out most kids her age don't like fruit roll-ups. Oops. (Amelia likes them better than she does goldfish, and she loves goldfish.)


[picture dated 9/23/08, courtesy of Grandma]

2 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

What a pretty princess! Don't feel bad, I didn't know about the fruit rollup thing either. Weird.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Chastity said...

She is just beautiful...love her curls!!

9/24 is my new babies' birthday :).

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home