Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Big Bed, Little Girl

Today, finally, I took Amelia's crib down and replaced it with a bed. This has been a while in coming and the last 3 weeks of delay had to do with the gas crisis. Now that we have gas again, we have a bed. Yay! It actually came Friday but today was the first chance I had to dismantle the crib with all its screws and small pieces without Little One underfoot since she was at preschool.

Daddy was a little concerned that she might be upset that her crib was gone when she got home from preschool. Au contraire! She was SO excited. Look and see for yourself. She wanted to take a nap, but that lasted about five minutes and we were up and down as usual, so I just let her play. Throughout the rest of the afternoon and evening she would run in there and say she wanted to rest or take a nap, and jump into her bed. She was really enjoying trying it out. After a neighborhood walk this evening, she made a beeline for her bed. Rather than the usual squeal of delight as she jumps into it I hear, "Maynard, can you get out? Can you come out of my bed, Maynard?" Apparently the orange cat - the one that likes her the least and is prone to swipe at her rather than just getting out of the way - has discovered that a twin mattress right on the floor is a wonderful place to curl up and groom, nap, etc. This may become a problem - one I didn't see coming as he was never agile enough or curious enough about her crib or toddler bed.

Amelia's newest thing to say when responding negatively to a question or suggestion is, "No, I don't want to." It's done in a very conversational tone, no belligerance (yet). Such a little person! I have so much trouble remembering what she was like before she could walk and talk. Seriously.

[picture dated 10/14/08]

4 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

Aw, so bittersweet. She looks so happy!

9:21 PM  
Blogger -LGirl- said...

Love the clouds!
Love the sandals and little feet!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

She's going to love it! We moved LG into a full sized bed a month or two ago, and she is still so in love with that bed. Every time someone new comes over she just has to show them her big girl bed.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm *scared* of the big girl bed! I love having Hester in her crib--I know where she is and that she's safe. As far as I'm concerned, she can stay in the crib till elementary school!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home