Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

5:22

a.m. is when Amelia walked into our room and read the digital clock to us Monday morning.

This morning it was 5:42 a.m.

On the other end of the day, it's all I can do to keep her up until 7 pm. Immediately after supper each night she demands her milk and wants to go to bed.

Hopefully tomorrow morning will give us another 20 minutes and we'll be back to her "normal" 6 am. The extra time would be especially nice since we're glued to the TV and computer tonight watching returns and projections even though they mean nothing until it's all over as far as I am concerned. 2000 certainly taught me that.

Bad mommy moment - I took Amelia to dance last night only to discover the hard way that apparently the last week for this term was last Monday night. Yep, we were the only toddler-mommy pair there. I don't know why I thought they lasted until the holidays - maybe it was the cost? Anyway ... Amelia got to run around the room and roll on the mats for a while, and Ms. Angel even gave her some stamps on her hand, which was nice. Amelia was not ready to leave, and not afraid to let me know it, until I reminded her that there were ROCKS! outside.

We voted today after a bit of a problem getting there. The entrance to the school was blocked due to road construction and traffic was backed up going in and waiting to come out, so I turned around and went to the other side of the school. Amelia had a ball helping me press the buttons to light up the candidates. The paper on the side went a little nuts each time one was changed, but oh well. I did have to carefully review the ballot before submitting it to make sure Amelia didn't help me vote for someone I didn't intend to choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home