Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snow!

It snowed this morning and Amelia couldn't wait to go play in it. She said, "That's snow! Is it winter?" I was like, "Yeah." And she responds, "We have to wait for Spring." Oh, little girl, you have no idea.

She had fun making snowballs and sliding down the hill in the front yard. I went in and got a garbage bag so she could slide easier/faster and she loved it. And she adored wearing her gloves - such a novelty!!

After pre-school much of the snow had melted so she couldn't slide but she had a lot of fun throwing snowballs in the driveway and then stomping on the parts that broke off on impact. Tallulah wanted to go out with us and then proceeded to follow us around whining about how cold it was. When I convinced Amelia to go back inside by promising her a popsicle (to replace the snow she was trying to eat), Tallulah was nowhere in sight. She soon figured out how to let us know that she was unhappy that we were inside and she wasn't, though. Cats, they're so hard to please, but we love them anyway.

Amelia really likes the yak on her LeapFrog globe - but she keeps calling it a Jack. I've tried emphasizing "yeh, yeh, like yellow" but she smiles and says, "Jack!" I think she knows and is just yanking my chain. Three year-olds are good for that I am discovering. Yep, I'm onto her!

Daddy buried Amelia in leaves the other day - before winter came - and she loved it. She insisted on outside time yesterday when it was really, really cold (in preparation for the snow) but she would not be distracted by anything - painting, play-doh, etc. So we all went outside and spent a lot of time burying her in the leaves - much to her delight.

Speaking of play-doh, when I got it out for her this afternoon she said she wanted to go to Christmas. Our neighbor is Christy, but it was clear she hadn't said Christy, so I asked her to repeat herself and again she said Christmas. I asked her why and she said, "Because Christmas has yellow and green play-doh." Ohhh ... lightbulb goes off .... the other day when she was opening her red and blue play-doh she said she wanted yellow and green play-doh, too. I responded with, "Well, that might be something good for Christmas," meaning her list. Since she really doesn't know about Christmas yet, she didn't understand and assumed it was a place. I love how her mind works!

[pictures dated 10/28/08 and 10/26/08]

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

Snow! Ack. I think I saw some flurries outside my window on Monday. Not good from my perspective, but my daughter is really looking forward to it. Fortunately, we've had nothing on the ground yet.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home