Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Really?

Amelia has picked up on asking, "Really?" in an incredulous voice. If she is excited about what she heard, she'll jump up and down repeating it - as in, "Nana is coming to see you," and Amelia responds, "Really, really, really?"

She also "can't wait for" things. She'll say, "I can't wait to go to the park!", for example. It's so cute. She seems young for that concept but she uses it often and in the correct context.

Someone has called her pants 'britches' and it's all I can do not to bust out laughing when she says things like, "I won't poop in my britches!"

(She is finally fully potty trained, btw. Last night I even let her wear panties all night - and it was successful!)

She is also really into asking what a noise is when she hears something out of the ordinary. Last night she heard the automatic icemaker - actually the water going into the icemaker in the freezer. She asked, "What's that noise?" I told her it was the icemaker and she responded, "Really? Ice cream maker?" Oh, I only wish ....

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

You're braver than I am. I still keep my daughter in pullups at night. The problem is that she never, ever gets up to pee at night, and I wonder what would happen if she had to go. She always wakes up dry though. Still don't know how she manages, since even I have to get up about half the time to go in the middle of the night.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home