Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Bed

Daddy bought Amelia's bed last week and we put it together yesterday afternoon. Let me tell you, I never want a career as a furniture assembler. Ugh. But hey, it was a great price and exactly what I wanted - drawers underneath and shelves in the headboard. We dropped Amelia off at Nana's at 2 pm saying we'd be back at 4 pm. We called a little before 4, then around 4:30, then again around 5 pm. We finally finished at 5:30 pm. I only had to drill four holes due to the guide holes being in the wrong place, and no pieces were missing or damaged - so I say we got off lucky.

Amelia adores her new bed and she uses her step stool to get up in it. We told her firmly there is no walking on the bed, only crawling. So far she has done well with following the new guideline. Before leaving to get her at Nana's, I put all her favorite stuffed toys on the two shelves. When she got home and crawled in, she promptly pulled all the ones from the lower shelf and surrounded herself with them.

In random news - she has assigned each of us with Backyardigan names. (This just confirms that she watches a little too much TV at Nana's.) I am Tyrone Mommy. She is Pablo Amelia. Then there is Niqua Daddy and Tasha Nana. I thought it was interesting that she flipped genders. She is consistent with this new naming system. While we are not always called by both names, they are invoked daily and consistently. (She is never Tyrone Amelia for example.) It makes me think of Spartacus Atticus from one of my favorite movies, Birdcage.

The other day it was super cold and I showed Amelia how she could make smoke when she exhaled. She thought that was great and we had fun for a few extra minutes before getting back in the car to go home. (We were out running Christmas errands.)
[picture dated 12/26/08]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home