Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day was fun here. We drove to our local nature center in rain, then rain mixed with snow, then more rain. Amelia was mildly interested in the groundhog and we stayed for most of the presentation. It opened with a guy strumming a guitar singing a song popular in the days of the settlers. Its lyrics had to do with groundhogs and gravy, mmmmm. yeah. Amelia thought it had a nice beat and got up and danced to it. The benches in the barn were a bit hollow (I think she liked the novelty of hanging out in a barn actually) and they made her shoes sound kind of loud, but there were lots of kids there and she was having fun, so I let her be for the most part. When she started twirling towards other kids, I reined her in a little. Afterwards we went to another building (remember, it was raining) and checked out snakes and lizards and such. Then we met Daddy for supper (BBQ yum!) and then headed for home.

By the way, we're in for more winter. BIG shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home