Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Explaining Abba

A little over a week ago I did something I haven't done in a LONG time - I went to a movie with a friend! We saw "He's Not That Into You" and enjoyed it. A side bonus, though, was getting to listen to whatever I wanted to for 40 minutes each way to the theatre. Isn't that silly? But it's true. No Baby Bach and Baby Mozart soundtracks or instrumental music (which she calls Mommy's music and is left in the CD changer from the days of wanting soothing sounds for a sleeping baby).

We have limited radio stations in this area but I still had fun scanning the dials and listening to whatever I found. So I decided to branch out a little after I got home and had Abba playing the other morning on the way to Nana's. Amelia says to me, "What is she singing about?" I told her, "Monday." (I've never figured out if that song is about money or Monday or both, but Monday seemed like a better answer than money.) Then the next song came on and Amelia asked again, "What is she singing about?" I had to listen to the lyrics for a few minutes to come up with a description and meanwhile Amelia is growing concerned and says, "What is that coming out of the speakers?!?" I finally mustered a response of, "She's singing about losing love." Amelia sounded incredulous as she responded, "Losing love?" I confirmed it and she asked, "Is that Mommy's music?"

Yes, it's Mommy's music. But it seems to bewilder her so perhaps I'll try something else next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home