Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

Last night at supper Amelia asked me in a very sad voice, "Why don't you give me juice anymore?" And this was after begging for lettuce off of my plate (which I did give her since she had only one movement yesterday and it was in the morning). I gave her a few sips of watered down grape juice (not apple which is her usual juice). Then she begged for some of her daddy's chocolate pudding. I appeased her with a piece of chocolate since I had made the pudding with cow's milk.

Today she asked for juice again and I let her have a little this afternoon. She also had a carrot at supper. Her only movement today wasn't until tonight and I would classify it as soft rather than loose, so I am taking that as a positive sign that she is improving. I am definitely looking forward to the day's when I take her pooping for granted again rather than holding my breath hoping for 'normal' every time she goes potty.

(Yes, Amy, we started the BRAT diet last Thursday evening, although not exclusively, which is one of the reasons that by Saturday morning I was growing more concerned, especially considering the stomach cramps she was then experiencing.)

Onto other things ... today was rainbow day at preschool which meant wear your favorite color. Since it was 36 degrees here yesterday morning and this morning, Amelia wore her long-sleeved Thomas shirt (since her Blue's Clues fleece was worn yesterday and her light blue snowflake flannel twinset was in the wash from Sunday ... yes, it's been COLD here!). Daddy complained that if she was going to wear that shade of blue, she should be wearing a Kentucky shirt. You just can't please all of the people all of the time, can you?

I think I may have mentioned that Amelia has been fascinated with the process of getting our new grocery store. Since they are now putting in a gas station where the old one was, there is still a lot of construction vehicles (bulldozers, backhoes, dump trucks, etc.) I took her by the bakery section in our fancier new store to show her the models of the different cakes. They had one with bulldozers, etc. on it and now she has been telling us that she wants an Ingles parking lot birthday cake for her birthday. Repeatedly. Except for the other day when she told us she also wants a Pablo balloon for her birthday. Looks like we'll have a Backyardigans Bulldozer birthday this year ... although there are four more months for her to add to her themes. She doesn't mind the anticipation (yet). She will say, "First, there is Mommy's birthday, then Grandma's, then Nana's, then Daddy's, then mine!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home