Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!

We bought Grandma a birthday card the other day. Amelia picked one out with squirrels on it and was emphatic about buying that one and not any of the others, including one with a cute white kitty on it.

When she wished Grandma a happy birthday over the phone this morning, Amelia remembered that the card she sent had squirrels on it. I had already forgotten!

And speaking of Grandma, Amelia knows Grandma's first name now. She was picking out a band-aid the other day for her bug bite and she picked Pat the hammer out of her box of Handy Manny band-aids. I told her that was Grandma's name and she said, "It is?" Then she runs into the living room and asks, "Daddy, is that what you call Mommy's mother? Do you call her Pat?" She amazes me at how quickly she assimilates new information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home