Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Can't Fool Her

Stopped by work to get Amelia's goat milk. (It gets delivered there by a local farmer.) Amelia insisted on coming in even though it was going to take me 2 seconds to get it out of the fridge. While I went to the back Amelia decided to play her, "What's your name?" game with Debbie & Jean. So they played along and told her their names were George & Frank. I heard Jean tell Amelia her name was Frank and then Amelia looked at Jean real serious and said, "What's that?" Jean said, "You mean, what am I wearing? These are men's clothes. Don't you think these pink pants belong on a man?" Amelia was quiet for a good minute and Jean patiently waited for an answer. Then Amelia, all on her own (and I couldn't see her face from where I was) says, "You're teasing me!"

I was impressed! Not only did she figure it out but rather than just saying, "No, that's silly," or something like that, she came back with the true assessment of the situation.

But her awareness doesn't end there. When we got home, I unhooked her seatbelt and left her car door open so she could get out on her own while I went upstairs to put the milk away. When she didn't follow a few minutes later I went downstairs and found her in the driver's seat smearing sunscreen all over herself. (I had left a small tube of it in my car door to use when we go to the park. Apparently she noticed.) Won't be leaving her alone in the car anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home