Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Monday, August 31, 2009

New Dance Class

Amelia's new dance class started tonight. We have graduated from the Tots class to Preschool Ballet & Tap. I registered her a couple of Saturdays ago and was told that she would go in with her bag which would have both her ballet and tap shoes in it, that they would be labeled with her name in them and she will put them on herself, that she may need some assistance at first but that she would learn how to do it on her own. Then Angel looks at me and says, "You know, you won't be in there with her." I almost started crying. When I got home and told Amelia's daddy I did start crying. Part of why I love taking her to dance is because it's so much fun to see her having so much fun. But really, I wasn't prepared for the separation. (Or the cost! Much more than tots ... but oh well.)

It wasn't so bad tonight. I sent her in there and was able to watch (along with many of the other moms!) through a window. They were adorable, Amelia listened and followed along and looked adorable. (I didn't have the camera with me ... I'll take a picture next week.)

She's growing up so fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home