Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sick child

I thought it would be fun to take Amelia to McDonald's after pre-school today. I invited her friend Eli and his mom, too. Amelia did enjoy McDonald's but she didn't eat any of her lunch - and she loves their apples so that was unusual. When we got ready to leave she wanted me to pick her up and she was real lethargic on the way home. She developed a high fever and by 3:30 pm was sound asleep on my arms. (She NEVER naps.) This is in addition to the rash she has all over her back that I was afraid might be small bug bites so I washed all of her bedding and her huge floor rabbit this morning. The largest cluster of the rash is on her shoulder blade closest to the arm that got the flu shot. I think she's reacting to her flu shot.

I went in at one point when she was resting because she was saying, "Mommy, find my voice!" She still sounded normal to me, but I think the congestion was setting in and it wasn't sounding right or feeling right to her. Poor thing.

Her teacher said she was showing Amelia something on the computer today and then Amelia said, "Miss Lisa, I think you need to go help someone else in another room." I apologetically said, "She's getting a little bossy," but Miss Lisa laughed it off and said it was just Amelia's way of saying she understood the computer assignment. Again, it's nice to have a teacher that understands 4 year-olds and gives mine the benefit of the doubt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home