Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, September 25, 2009

4-year Check-up

Amelia had her 4-year check-up today. It occurred to me that she's ben seeing this doctor since she was 5 days old and I've never taken her picture with Amelia. Do I remember to bring the camera, though? Nope.

She was 38 lbs., 40 inches tall (I think) ... the nurse did say she grew three inches since last year, so I'll check that later. She didn't get any of her regular shots since they said she could get them between now and turning 5 and since she'll have to have a physical for school before she actually turns 5, then I'll just do it then. Plus, I knew I wanted her to get the flu shot and I didn't want to combine it with the polio, etc. shots. (There was a huge list - I was surprised.) She only got a half dose of the flu shot because the only other time she's gotten te flu shot was 2 years ago and it was also only a half dose, so we're supposed to go for a booster in a month since I didn't do that last time. They gave it to her in her arm and she jumped out of instinct and the nurse was like, "I told you to stay still!" [Um, she's 4. Maybe we should have gone for the leg?] So the needle wound up scratching her, but she did get the shot.

She didn't do as well on her eye exam as she did last year, but they saved it for last and it was out in the hallway where there were LOTS of distractions, so it could be her attention span was shot. However, I think it's a good time to start her at an eye doctor anyway, so I came home and made her an appointment for next Friday. I'd like for him to check her eyes individually and just have a baseline for her vision and overall eye health.

She scored stickers, of course, but also these cool blue gloves which she has had fun with all day.

[picture dated 9/25/09]

1 Comments:

Blogger Midlife Mommy said...

Wow. I didn't think their cute little arms were big enough for shots yet.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home