Amelia

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This blog captures my thoughts and observations of Amelia since there are so many wonderful things I want to just bottle and enjoy. Time doesn't stop and while I will have memories, it will be nice for both her and me to have these in-the-moment snapshots of her life.

Friday, October 02, 2009

20/30 Vision

Today Amelia had her first appointment at the eye doctor. She wasn't as cooperative as I was hoping despite it being a 9 am appointment. However, the doctor did determine that she has 20/30 vision which is what is expected of a 4 year-old. I also learned that children's vision isn't fully developed until they are 6 years old. He said she does have a slight astigmatism in her right eye but nothing to be concerned about right now. (I have a lot in each eye so I am not too surprised.) He said her optic nerves and everything else looks great.

He also said that there isn't anything wrong with letting her stand close to the TV. He said kids just like to be part of the scene and I was like, no kidding, she even takes a doll so it can walk along with the characters. (She only watches about 1-2 hours of TV a day and not all at once and not even every day.)

I feel relieved that she is on track and that she now has a baseline at the eye doctor's office so it will be easier to notice if there are drastic changes from year to year.

Afterwards we stopped and saw Wendy & Abby who gave Amelia a belated birthday gift - the Mickey Mouse Silly Switch Game. Amelia loves it! We played it when we got home and I had to tear her away from it when we left for Dodah's so I could go to work. When I came home, we played it with Daddy and Amelia did really, really well taking turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home